3 July, 2016
1 Medium-sized butternut
1 Apple chopped
45ml Olive oil
10ml Curry Powder
5ml Gound Cumin
1.25ml grated nutmeg
35ml Good Vegetable Stock Powder
1 Orange (zest and juice)
Natural Yoghurt, fresh cream, or goat’s milk feta to serve
Coriander to serve
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees celsius
- Roast the butternut, onions, and apple by tossing in the olive oil and spreading on a baking tray for about 30 minutes or until cooked and golden.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and sprinkle them with all the spices until they are all well coated.
- Heat the water n a large pot.
- Add the stock powder, milk, orange juice and zest, and the roasted vegetables to the water.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Using the food processor, blend the soup until smooth.
- Serve with a dash of natural yoghurt, crumbled goats milk feta, and sprigs of fresh coriander.