16 September, 2016
Easy Snacks For Parties – Impress Your Guests
Here are some quick and easy snacks for parties or guests that are popping in.
Quick Cheese Snacks
1 tub (250g) smooth cottage cheese
8 – 10 slices Rye bread
4 – 5 slices Salami, Ham or Tomato, shredded
5ml Black pepper
325 ml grated Cheddar cheese
Spread the cottage cheese on the slices of bread.
Sprinkle the shredded salami, ham or tomato over and sprinkle with pepper.
Sprinkle the Cheddar cheese over and grill in the oven until the cheese has melted.
Cheesy Sauce Surprise
250g Bacon, shredded
6 – 8 slices of toast or rolls halved
375ml grated Cheddar cheese
500 ml basic white sauce
Cayenne pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 210 degrees celsius. Fry the bacon lightly in a pan.
Arrange the toast or rolls on a greased baking sheet.
Spoon the bacon on top.
Stir the cheese into the hot white sauce and add the pepper.
Stir well and spoon the sauce on top of the toast or rolls.
Place in the oven and bake until the cheese sauce starts to brown.
4 – 6 Long bread rolls
Garlic Spread as made below
Preheat the oven to 100 degrees celsius.
Slice each roll in 1,5 cm thick slices without cutting right through.
Spread the garlic spread liberally between the slices.
Add some chilli flakes and cheese for an even tastier combination.
Wrap each roll individually in tinfoil.
Place the rolls in the oven for about 12 minutes or over the coals of your braai.
125g soft margarine
5ml garlic powder
10ml dried parsley
5ml flavour enhancer
Mix the ingredients well and store in a dish with a tight fitting lid in the fridge. You can also use this on boiled potatoes.
More Easy Snacks for Parties Using Sandwiches
Sandwiches are always a hit when entertaining as they are filling and tasty. Here are some interesting sandwich fillings to try:
- Peanut butter and syrup with slices of banana
- Pineapple, ham and mustard sauce
- Chicken and mayonnaise with a thin slice of pineapple or grated pineapple
- Beetroot and cheese
- Lettuce, cheese and a thin layer of apricot jam
- Chutney and cheese
- Tuna with grated apple
- Grated cheese and raisins in a little salad dressing
- Finely chopped boiled eggs, grated cheese and parsley
Other Easy Snacks For Parties
- Fruit cut up and put on a skewer like a fruit sosatie
- Cherries wrapped in bacon and cooked over the coals or fried in a pan
- Cheese, Vienna, gherkins and cocktail onions on a toothpick
- Philadelphia cheese covered in sweet chilli sauce on a platter as a dip for various savoury biscuits
- Bread that has tomato sauce and cheese spread over it and then grilled in the oven and cut into fingers
- A platter of raw veggies with a cream cheese dip. You could include carrots, cucumbers, baby tomatoes and cauliflower
Hope I managed to have you some good ideas on easy snacks for parties.
If you need a sweet snack, here is a quick and easy microwave fudge recipe.