16 April, 2020
Easy Veggie Soup Recipe (optional with beef or chicken and pasta!)
Here is an easy recipe soup that I got off a recipe exchange that I have taken part in over this lockdown period from Caroline Els. Everyone sent really easy recipes which I will be including on this site over the next few posts.
Easy Veggie Soup Recipe
An easy recipe, very versatile for the cold months and you can add chicken or beef or simply leave it plain as a veggie soup with veggie stock. When I make soup I always make extra and freeze in portions to heat up for lunches.
You Will Need:
. 2 tsp oil
. 50g stewing beef or chicken chopped
. 2 onions chopped
. 3 cloves garlic
. 2 potatoes peeled and chopped
. 2 carrots chopped
. 2 celery stalks chopped
. 3 (+-) tomatoes chopped
. About 8 cups water (depends how thick you want the soup…)
. 3 beef (chicken stock if using chicken pieces) stock cubes.
. 5 ml mixed herbs
. Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
. 1 or 2 cups of pasta (uncooked)
- Heat oil and fry beef or chicken.
- Add onions and garlic, and fry few minutes.
- Add all the veg,(you can also add baby marrow or finely shredded cabbage) tomatoes, herbs, stock, salt and pepper and bring it to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 35 min.
- Stir in pasta and simmer (stirring occasionally) until pasta is cooked.
- Add more liquid if necessary.Serve and enjoy!