11 May, 2020
How To Make Fudge In The Microwave
If you want to know how to make fudge in the microwave, it couldn’t be simpler. This post is how to make microwave vanilla fudge using a can of condensed milk.
I have made this a few times, and my ten-year-old daughter has also learned to do it, although I have to watch her with that hot sugar.
How To Make Fudge In the Microwave
The only drawback I found with this fudge is that it is easy to overcook it, and also the sugar doesn’t have time to dissolve properly. Try dissolving in a little hot water first to make the fudge into a finer consistency.
Another thing to remember with microwave fudge is, don’t use a glass bowl as it may crack. I use a huge plastic mixing bowl that is microwave safe and can withstand high heat.
It also helps to line the rim of the bowl with margarine before you start, as this prevents the mixture from boiling over.
Microwave Vanilla Fudge
500 ml sugar
1 can condensed milk
3ml vanilla essence
Combine all the ingredients except the vanilla essence in a large microwave bowl.
Grease the lip with margarine to prevent the mixture from boiling over.
I repeat – do not use a glass bowl.
Microwave on high for two minutes.
Remove and stir.
Microwave for a further 10 – 12 minutes on high stirring every two minutes to prevent the mixture from boiling over.
I find 10 minutes is enough in my microwave, and on 12 minutes the fudge is crumbly. The mixture should look like melted toffee.
Add vanilla essence and stir well.
Pour into a greased tray.
Mark into squares when half set.
This recipe makes about 30 squares.
Voila, you have delicious vanilla microwave fudge.
Here is a slightly different variation.
Here is a recipe for microwave fudge that only needs three ingredients which is one less than the recipe above:
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- sweetened condensed milk
- chopped walnuts (optional)
In fact, you could make it without the nuts which would mean it would have two ingredients.
- Place the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk over the chocolate chips.
- Microwave on high for 60 seconds. Stir well.
- Microwave on high for 60 more seconds. Stir well again.
- If the chocolate chips are not completely melted, continue to microwave at additional 30-second intervals until chocolate is completely melted.
- Add the chopped walnuts (if using) to the chocolate mixture and stir well.
- Pour fudge into a 9 by 9″ pan with foil or parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Leave to set.