6 July, 2016
Posted in : Meat Dishes on by : admin Tags: Hungarian Goulash
2 tbsp Butter or margarine
1 kg Stewing steak cubed
1 cup Mushrooms halved
3 tbspns Paprika
1 cup Beef Stock
185 ml Sour Cream
2 tbsp Oil
2 Onions Sliced
1 clove Garlic crushed
Salt and Black Pepper
1 Bay leaf
- Heat butter and oil together.
- Add meat and brown, then remove from the pan.
- Add mushrooms and onions and fry until brown.
- Add garlic, paprika, salt, pepper, beef stock, bay leaf and beef.
- Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 to two hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove bay leaf and stir in sour cream
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes and thicken sauce with corn flour if necessary
- Serve with rice.