17 June, 2020
Moist Fluffy Vanilla Cake – Easily!
Here is a great recipe for a moist fluffy vanilla cake. This sponge cake is the kind any birthday shouldn’t be without.
You can also make cupcakes with this recipe.
Moist Fluffy Vanilla Cake
You Will Need:
3 jumbo eggs
250 ml castor sugar
250 ml milk
125 g butter at room temperature
5 ml vanilla essence
260 g cake flour
15 ml baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Line two 20 cm round cake tins with baking paper (or 24 muffin tins with cupcake wrappers.
- Beat the eggs and sugar with a mixer on high for at least 10 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Heat the milk, butter, and vanilla extract in a saucepan until the butter melts. Make sure not to boil the milk.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl at least three times.
- Turn the mixer to low. Beginning and ending with the flour pour the milk mixture slowly into the bowl while spooning the flour in one tablespoon at a time. Do this part quickly as it is possible to over mix your batter.
- Divide the batter between the tins and bake for 22 minutes or until a toothpick or skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. If making cupcakes bake for 12 minutes.
- Turn the cakes out of the tins and cool on a wire rack for 10 to 15 minutes before wrapping in cling film.
- Double this recipe to bake 3 x 20 cm round tins or 5 x 15 cm round tins.
- Now it is your choice on how you would like to decorate your moist fluffy vanilla cake.